- American-Scandinavian Foundation: Offers paid internships in Scandinavia in engineering, teaching English as a foreign language, business, and agricultural fields.
- AIESEC International: (pronounced EYE-sek) is a student-managed, not-for-profit educational organization which sends students on paid internships overseas in almost 100 countries. Begin by looking at the AIESEC Colorado website and visit their office in the UMC!
- The Carter Center Internship Program: Listed as one of the top internship programs in the U.S. by the Princeton Review. Features Peace, Health, and Operations Programs. It was founded in 1982 by former U.S. President Jimmy Carter and former First Lady Rosalynn Carter. The Center is committed to advancing human rights and alleviating unnecessary human suffering.
- CU Boulder Career Services: Has some of the same resources as this page, but additional links and assistance to help you locate an internship abroad.
- Cultural Vistas: Cultural Vistas offers an array of personalized and enriching professional internship and training programs in Argentina, Chile, France, Germany, Spain, and Switzerland. Cultural Vistas' internships abroad programs provide customized summer and year-long internship placements tailored to students' specific skill sets, ambitions, and career aspirations.
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX): The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) for Young Professionals is a full-year work-study scholarship program with a strong focus on cultural exchange. CBYX annually provides 75 young Americans with an understanding of everyday life, education, and professional training in Germany. The program begins in July and includes two months of intensive German language training in Germany (no prior German language knowledge required), four months of classroom instruction at a German university or college of applied sciences, and a five-month internship in a participant's career field.
- DAAD: This website helps students, researchers and faculty in the USA and Canada to study or research in Germany. The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is a publicly-funded independent organization of higher education institutions in Germany. Their 14 international offices provide information as well as financial support to over 55,000 highly-qualified students and faculty per year for international research and study.
- GoAbroad.com Internships: A comprehensive search engine for internships abroad.
- International Cooperative Education (ICE): Offers internship placement worldwide. Comprehensive internship listings include teaching, automotive, biotechnology/bioengineering, engineering, banking & finance, sales/retail, hospitality, agriculture, social work, public health, law & more.
- MASA Post-College Training Programs: Masa Israel offers university graduates and young professionals a range of transformative career development, internship, community service and graduate academic experiences in Israel.
- SIT Graduate Institute: This program offers Research-Focused Field Practicum (see Going Abroad Again - Study and Research Abroad) and Community Engagement Experience in Chile, India, Switzerland, Botswana, and Oman. The program provides recent college graduates the opportunity to earn graduate credit while gaining international field experience focused on a critical global issue.
- Transitionsabroad.com: A comprehensive search for internships. Also provides travel information and advice.
- The U.S. Department of State's Student Programs: Offers a variety of programs for students, from summer clerical positions to internships to management fellowships, overseas or in Washington D.C.
- GO MAD Internships: Make a Difference offers a great internship program where students from all over the world can work abroad with their local staff. The Make a Difference Global Internship Program is designed to broaden the experience of individuals embarking on professional careers. Minimum of three months to maximum one-year commitment.
- Volunteer Adventure Corps: is located in Cape Town, South Africa. Participants of this unique South African program receive a customized professional internship placement, career mentorship and access to weekly cultural events in a vibrant international city.
Disclaimer: Providing information about international opportunities does not constitute an endorsement by the University of Colorado Boulder or the Office of International Education. The Office of International Education is not an agent for these programs, does not guarantee their quality or that academic credits earned may be transferred to CU Boulder. The listings are provided for your information only.