Returning to CU
Returning to CU
Welcome back from education abroad! You are now among the ranks of 32,000 Global Buffs who have studied or interned abroad with the University of Colorado Boulder since 1960.
Now That You’re Back:
Your health: If you become sick after returning, tell your health care provider that you have traveled outside of the U.S. Because some diseases have a long incubation period, you may not be sick until after you return. Complete any immunization series (such as Hepatitis A or B) that you started before travel.
Know when and how your courses from abroad are recorded: View the Transcripts & Post-Program Academics page for information about when your courses will be posted, how pre-approved courses will apply, guidance on submitting any additional courses for review, and more.
Your MyCUAbroad application checklist: log in to your MyCUAbroad application and complete your Program Evaluation and Share Your Experience questionnaires so that you can share your story and knowledge with future education abroad students and provide valuable feedback to CU Education Abroad.
Participate in CU Boulder Education Abroad’s fairs & orientations: keep an eye out for emails from Education Abroad in August about our Fall Fair that happens every year in the first week of September. Program-specific orientations occur in November and April and are a fantastic way for you to share your expertise and stories with outbound students! Meeting program alumni is often the highlight of orientation. Keep an eye out for emails in October and March to request your attendance.
Stay Involved Internationally:
Launch Your Global Career:
- Learn more about Career Relevance and how to take full advantage of how your Education Abroad program can influence your career.
- Learn more about global job opportunities on Career Services’ website.
- Go abroad again to study, research, intern, work or volunteer
Keep in Touch:
- The Global Buffs Gazette: the Global Buffs Gazette (formerly the Peregrine) is CU Boulder Education Abroad’s newsletter! Read about what your fellow Global Buffs have been up to, the goings-on at the Education Abroad office, and get news and advice from experts in the field. Want to share your story?
- Contact us: email AlumniEA@colorado.edu to update your contact information, get more information on keeping in touch with Global Buffs, etc.
- If you studied abroad with one of our partner organizations, learn more about their alumni organizations and activities.
- Get updates from our office and/or find fellow Global Buffs on social media! Join the Global Buffs Facebook group and use #CUBoulderAbroad to share your own updates & photos!