Academic Advisor or Ed Abroad?
As you plan for studying abroad, your Academic Advisor and Education Abroad advisors will both help you along the way. Here is a general overview of when to work with your Academic Advisor versus Education Abroad:
Your Academic Advisor can help you...
- Help you plan out how education abroad can fit into your degree
- Provide guidance on what kinds of degree requirements are best to complete abroad v. what needs to be taken at CU
- Facilitate the evaluation of your submitted major/minor/certificate forms
- Figure out how courses taken abroad will count for your degree requirements
- Map out the classes to take when you get back to complete your degree
Education Abroad can help you...
- Give advice on which programs may be best suited to your academic needs
- Understand the academic details of your program including academic systems, credit conversions, and upper/ lower division credits
- Navigate your program’s class search and find courses you wish to enroll in for the term you’ll be abroad
- Figure out how to register for your classes abroad
- Access and complete EA course planning forms