Global Intensives are short-term international programs embedded into a fall or spring course taught on the CU Boulder campus. Global Intensives meet the following criteria:
- take place over 10-12 days during spring break, after finals in May, or over fall break.
- complement a full semester CU Boulder on-campus course by introducing students to a new culture, visiting the country of interest, and understanding the course material through experiential learning and post-travel debriefing.
- provide a small group experience that allows students and faculty to build strong connections.
- provide a way for faculty to enhance teaching, research and service, and can augment global competence which in turn can be passed on to students.
- allow students to use financial aid to cover the international component.
- encourage students to “get their feet wet” with an eye for participating in a longer experience abroad in the future.
- are sponsored by CU Boulder and supported by CU Education Abroad staff who work closely with faculty to plan the program logistics including student recruitment, group flights, pre departure orientation, and on-site support.
Photo Credits: “SASC Dominican Republic group” by Britney Wilson - Global Intensive: SASC in the Dominican Republic - Faculty: Shane Oshetski