Education Abroad's Hidden GemsAre you looking for a program that's a little different? Check out some of Ed Abroad's hidden gems!
- Aix-en-Provence, France - Live up the Mediterranean lifestyle in this beautiful southern French city, home to five universities and known for its great food, cosmopolitan vibe, and landscape that has inspired painters throughout history. 30 minutes from Marseille's international airport, it makes a convenient home base for your European travels - that is, if you ever want to leave!
- Amman, Jordan - Explore the coffeehouses, souqs, art galleries, and museums of Amman, a city known for great food and unparalleled hospitality. If you have never been to the Middle East, this is a great city to make home for your first visit. From here, explore many must-see sights of the region, including one of the world's most famous archaeological sites & one of the 7 wonders of the world, the lost city of Petra.
- Bangkok, Thailand - Spend a semester in Bangkok, Thailand’s sprawling capital city and a hub of culture, commerce, and cuisine. One of our most affordable programs, TEAN Thailand has a wide variety of courses to choose from, amazing street food, and provides easy access to exploring Southeast Asia and Thailand's beautiful and iconic tropical beaches!
- Buenos Aires, Argentina - It’s called the “Paris of South America” for a good reason! In a city known for its cultural and social diversity and richness, Buenos Aires combines European style with its Latin heritage.
- Cape Town, South Africa - Live in a vibrant city full of history, diverse cultures, and great food! Cape Town has it all - a "Mediterranean-like" climate, easy access to the natural beauty of South Africa's mountains & coast, a bustling tourist district, and even penguins!
- Dunedin, New Zealand - Mountains? Check. Coastline? Check. A semester in a college town in New Zealand we lovingly call "the Boulder of New Zealand"? Check! Come spend the semester enjoying the outdoors in one of the most beautiful countries on earth!
- Gold Coast, Australia - How does living across the street from the beach in the "Miami of Australia" sound? Choose from two different Australian universities and spend the semester in one of the best surf cities in Australia!
- Lisbon, Portugal - Climb the hills of Lisbon and gaze at the orange-tiled roofs that lead out to the ocean in this stunning city. With a pastel de nata (a traditional pastry) in hand, you can soak up the sun and explore the fascinating history of this ancient metropolis. At the end of your time in Portugal, experience saudade, an intense longing that will leave you no choice but to return!
- Perugia, Italy - Enjoy Italian culture, food, and art in a college town located conveniently between Florence and Rome. Immerse yourself in authentic Italian culture without all the tourists of larger Italian cities.
- Prague, Czech Republic - Study in a city full of cobblestone streets, castles, and scenic overlooks! Centrally located in Europe, Prague provides an affordable venue to enjoy all the perks of a European city with fewer tourists. Prague also has easy access to many parks and hiking.
- San Jose & Monteverde, Costa Rica - Monteverde: The Biological Cloud Forest Preserve in Monteverde is incredibly rich in biodiversity, representing more than 2,000 species of plants, 400 species of birds, and 100 different species of mammals within its 26,000 acres. San Jose is the urban jungle of Costa Rica.
- Seville, Spain - Explore and get lost in the barrio de Santa Cruz after a walk through the gardens of the Real Alcázar. Wrap up the day with your friends for a Spanish evening of Flamenco, tapas, and churros con chocolate.
- Singapore - Immerse yourself in the multicultural city of Singapore and experience one of the fastest-growing economies in the world. Singapore's location allows for easy access to many destinations throughout Asia and has a tropical climate year-round.
- Uppsala, Sweden - Fully immerse yourself in Swedish university life in this vibrant and picturesque college town. Roughly the size of Boulder and located only 20 minutes from the Stockholm airport, students never run out of things to do! Join a student nation, have fika in one of the many cozy cafes around town, or enjoy Sweden's "Allemansrätten" - aka the right to roam and enjoy Sweden's nature.
Last Updated April 2023
Photo by Mike Swigunski, courtesy of Unsplash