Education Abroad Health Insurance Policy, Claim Form & Medical and Travel Security Assistance
All students who participate in an education abroad program sponsored by CU Boulder Education Abroad are automatically enrolled in the Travel Assistance and Travel Accident and Sickness insurance.* We recommend that you maintain personal health insurance at all times (even during your time out of the country). For more details, please read the Accident & Health Insurance section in the CU Boulder Education Abroad Handbook.
To use the insurance coverage, after consulting with on-site staff, students, assistants, faculty and staff, may call International SOS (+1-215-942-8478) for support. International SOS can advise you on your medical or security questions. If costs are incurred, International SOS will work with CU Boulder Education Abroad's insurance company** to cover the expenses.
International SOS Medical and Security Assistance: +1-215-942-8478 (collect calls accepted worldwide) – when calling, reference member ID 11BCAS000006.
International SOS 24/7 Travel Assistance Services
- Membership ID Card
- Membership Flyer
- Why Should I Call International SOS?
- Insurance Policy
In the event you sought medical treatment abroad for a minor accident or sickness and paid out of pocket for that treatment, please follow the instructions below to seek reimbursement for your claim:
- Complete your Claim Form
- Save copies of all itemized doctors’ bills and be sure to include proof of payment (receipts)
- Scan and email everything to Global@gallagherstudent.com
* In the event of dismissal, your Education Abroad Travel Accident and Sickness insurance coverage may be cancelled.
** Note, you may have one or more other insurance policies provided for your program:
- A required national health plan for the host country
- A policy provided by one of CU Boulder’s partners (SAS, ISA, SIT, CIEE, EWB, Syracuse, etc.)
- Continued personal coverage while abroad