Skip to content

Health Insurance

Education Abroad Health Insurance Policy & Claim Form

All students who participate in an education abroad program sponsored by the University of Colorado Boulder Office of International Education are provided with limited health and accident insurance. However, we recommend that you maintain Affordable Care Act compliant health insurance at all times (even during your time out of the country) in order to avoid any potential tax penalties for failure to comply with the Affordable Care Act’s mandatory insurance requirement.  For more details, please read the Accident & Health Insurance section in the CU Boulder Education Abroad Handbook.

Select the year of the program for which you have been accepted:


Summer 2018, Fall 2018, Academic Year 2018-2018, and Spring 2019:

Summer 2017, Fall 2017, Academic Year 2017-2018, Spring 2018 and Calendar Year 2018:

Summer 2016, Fall 2016, Academic Year 2016-2017, Spring 2017 and Calendar Year 2017: