Travel Safety Resources
Travel Safety Information
The following resources are for informational purposes only. University of Colorado at Boulder and the Office of International Education are not responsible for information provided from these sites.
- The CU Boulder Office of International Education's Policy in Case of Political or Social Unrest, Terrorism, and the Threat of War
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) : Health information for international travel from the U.S. government.
- European Road Signs and Conventions
- Health Check for Study, Work, and Travel Abroad
- Health Information for International Travel (The Yellow Book) : Download or order this book published by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) Crime and Safety Reports : Crime & Safety Reports are annual reports written by U.S. Regional Security Officers regarding the current environment overseas.
- School for International Training (SIT)'s Health and Safety Information
- The International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers : Provides a directory of English-speaking doctors across 500 cities in 120 countries.
- Travel Health Online
- Travel Safe: AIDS and International Travel
- U.S. Department of State Travel Registration : A free service to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country. Registration allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad that the Department of State can use to assist you in case of an emergency. Americans residing abroad can also get routine information from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
- U.S. Department of State "A Safe Trip Abroad"
- U.S. Department of State "Students Abroad"
- U.S. Department of State Travel Warnings and Consular Information Sheets : Include such information as location of the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, unusual immigration practices, health conditions, minor political disturbances, unusual currency and entry regulations, crime and security information, and drug penalties for every country in the world.